Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse :: Facebook Challenge

 Snow.

We have a lot of it over here in Iowa. In our yard, we have a 6-7 foot drift. No joke. Some of the other drifts of 2-3 feet deep. Its crazy. We got about 18 inches of snow within... I don't know... half a day or so. This morning, we couldn't get out our drive, Dad couldn't go to work and the snow plows hadn't even been out yet. It was just pure insaneness (is that even a word?) outside. Of course, being the person I am, I had to go walk in the huge drifts and take pictures. 






See our crazy drifts? All the highways leading out of Washington were closed today. Everyone was inside, and let me tell you, that was the smart thing to do because it was kinda cold outside. I enjoyed my snow day a lot. =]





______________________________________________________________


The-no-facebook-challenge.
My bible study and I (the bible study consists of me and a bunch of my friends from school.) have decided to do a fasting challenge. For most of us, we are taking a one week break from facebook. Thats right. No facebook for a week. That might not sound bad to some of you, but for most of us in the group, facebook is out life. Okay, not really, but you get the point. The other few who don't spend as much time of facebook are giving up things such as: 
Writing
and Video games 
Along with no-facebook (or whatever else) we are only listening to christian music. For music lovers like me and my friends, this is a little hard, but I'm sure we'll make it. hehe.


We decided that instead of getting on Facebook we would spend that time either reading the Bible or praying. Even just reading a christian book. Filling our facebook time, with Godbook time. 
We'll see how this goes, but lets just say, I'm excited to see where this takes us. 




Did it snow where you live? Tell me about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

yo. I think comments are pretty rad. Therefore, if you comment, then I think you are pretty rad. :)