Friday, March 4, 2011

Thoughts of Spring blog party!


PhotobucketI'm finally doing a post for Lynnette's awesome blog party! 




My name is Marissa, I'm seventeen and I live in the wonderful state of Iowa. 


I've been playing the violin for 8 years now and I plan on majoring in music when I go to college. 










I work at a coffee house, which if you've been reading my blog for a while you know this is the prefect job for me since I LOVE coffee. 






I come from a family of 5 kids. Its rarely quiet at our house. With the oldest being 17 and the youngest being 7 its always crazy and somethings always going on. But we have lots of fun in our house. =]


Some of my favorite hobbies are, writing, playing violin and photography. I love being able to capture beauty with a camera. Its something I definitely LOVE. 






God is a big part of my life. I try to live for him and follow want he wants me to do with my life. 










If you'd like to know more about me, read some past blog posts and such. Thats they best way to know the crazy and weird, author of this blog! 


Alright. Time for some fun questions!! 






How would people describe your personality? (If they could only use ONE word.) Are they right?
I think most people would say, Crazy, Spontaneous and... probably weird. Thats 3 words... but still. And Yes, they're right. 


What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star-Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
I don't really get "star-struck". Seriously. But if I were going to... any band I listen too. Or possibly Julian Smith. That would be exciting. :D



What is your comfort food/drink?
Definitely Coffee. I couldn't live with out it. =]
 Be brave – tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
I don't know if this counts as weird.... but every March-April I buy an insane amount of jelly beans. Not that gross kind you can buy anytime, no I'm talkin' the good kind. You can only get them once a year for about 2 months... so. Thats when I buy them. And no I don't eat them all myself. I do share. :D
Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
I'd LOOOOOVE to see the ocean. I want to photograph the sunsets and beaches.
Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
I like pretty much all genres of movies. My favorites would probably be Action and Comedy. Love those. But I do enjoy a good Documentary. While I was sick for 5 days I watch a documentary on the Presidents Photographer. I was SO interesting! I'd recommend it. =] And I'd have to say my all time favorites movies are when you have mixtures of everything. A little action, romance and comedy. Those are the best =]
Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
Like movies, I love all kinds of books. My favorites are probably fiction, non-fiction, devotional/study. I just love books in general... so I'll read anything.
Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
Oh goodness. This is a hard one. I will listen to anything. I love music and I listen to all different styles.... I will say that the only thing I don't listen to very often is streamo/heavy metal. Definitely not really my thing.
If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
First, I'd buy a cello. Then I'd probably use the rest to help start this thing me and my friends would like to do.
Name one weakness of yours (confession is good for the soul).
Haha. I buy a lot of pens? Does that count? I love cool pens... so... yup. I buy them.
If you could live anywhere at all (and take all your loved ones with you), where would you go?
Hawaii. Definitely. Beautiful place.
Strange Talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?
No. No strange talents.... that I know of anyway.
What’s something you consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging, it’s acknowledging a God given gift).
Oh... probably the violin. Music in general maybe. People have also told me I'm really easy to talk to/a good listener... I think that counts.
What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of? 
Coffee. Love the smell of coffee. Also anything thats baking. Always delicious.
  
When you leave a social gathering, do you wish: You would have talked more or You would have talked less? 
Meh. Neither.
If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
Barns and Noble and Starbucks more that likely.
What is your greatest fear or strange phobia?
I don't think I have on really.... haha maybe this counts. I sometimes get freaked out when we go over bridges... I can just see it crumbling and we fall into the river below. I'm weird. haha
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Uh.... I'm not really sure... probably learning the violin.... if I pass Biology with a good grade that will be my greatest accomplishment. haha. Just kidding.
What are your favorite animals?
Dogs. Tigers also rule.
Are you a hopeless romantic?
Not really.... it depends actually...


Well that was fun! Now, you all should go join in! Its not to late!! =]

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

yo. I think comments are pretty rad. Therefore, if you comment, then I think you are pretty rad. :)