Wednesday, May 29, 2013

P A R K

DSC_0116 DSC_0122 DSC_0127 DSC_0128 DSC_0146 DSC_0153 DSC_0166 DSC_0169 DSC_0171 DSC_0133DSC_0107

C a l m.  P e a c e f u l.  F r e e. 
An evening out on the town for ice cream and company. Grass between our toes, we ran to the swings. Funny how a small thing can make you feel alive and free. It made me think of a memory from long ago, when I used to listen to "Adventure's in Odyssey." There was an episode in which one of the kids says to Mr. Whittaker: 
"Aren't you to old to be swinging?" 
To which he replied, "Well, how old do you have to be?"
It reminded me that swinging is a timeless thing. No matter the age, swinging always makes you feel infinite. 

3 comments:

  1. I used to listen to Adventures and Odessey ALLL the time! Love that radio show. And this post is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH THAT DAY WAS WEIRD BUT COOL BUT WE ALSO LEFT REALLY EARLY. AND WHOA MY CAMERA IS AWESOME. AND LOOK AT MEL THAT GORGEOUS GIRL. AND WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos remind me of the times i would walk all of my siblings down to the neighborhood park. good times. also, i agree -- you are absolutely never too old to swing. #stillafavorite

    ReplyDelete

yo. I think comments are pretty rad. Therefore, if you comment, then I think you are pretty rad. :)